RTDM read/write callback with parameters

Martin Haag haag at aim-online.com
Mon Sep 21 15:49:12 CEST 2020

Dear list members,

I am porting a Linux PCI character device driver to Xenomai 2.6.5.

I can not find a RTDM expression for the "parameters" argument of the
struct file_operations read callback.

struct file_operations:
ssize_t aim_read(struct file* file, char __user *parameters, size_t
parameterSize, loff_t* offset);

struct rtdm_operations:
ssize_t aim_rtdm_read(struct rtdm_dev_context *context, rtdm_user_info_t
*user_info, void *buf, size_t nbyte)

Should I use IOCTL to implement read/write with parameters or is there a
different way to get to this information.

Please let me know if I forgot to mention important details about my setup.

Thanks,
Martin

AIM - Gesellschaft für angewandte Informatik und Mikroelektronik m.b.H
Registered Office: Freiburg
District Court of Freiburg HRB 3520
Managing Directors: Hansjörg Frey, Joachim Schuler

This E-mail and any attachment(s) to it are for the addressee's use only.
It is strictly confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you are not the intended addressee, then please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.
You are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying or any action taken in reliance on it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
 - Thank you.