Weird semaphore/timeout behaviour with gdbserver

Fran├žois Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Fri Jan 8 19:35:06 CET 2021

Hello,

Working on ARMv7 with linux 4.4 and xenomai 3.1, I get a strange behaviour when using GDB.
There seem to be troubles with threads pending on semaphores, which do not wake up when sem is posted nor when the timedwait is over.
It does not seem to make a problem with all the semaphores on the software, but at program startup, the behaviour is pretty constant.

If I start the same program from shell, thread activation works flawlessly.

ANybody can give a hint on this ?

Thanks.

Fran├žois