Xenomai on Jetson TX2

Greg Gallagher greg at embeddedgreg.com
Tue Jan 12 16:40:40 CET 2021

HI,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:32 AM Mohamed Irfanulla Mohamed Abdulla via
Xenomai <xenomai at xenomai.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if anyone has successfully installed Xenomai on Nvidia
> Jetson TX2. Thanks for your suggestions and confirmation if it is possible
> to install Xenomai on Jetson TX2?

At the moment no.  There's two ways someone could do it, one would be to
port the ipipe to L4T or use the mainline kernel and port the ipipe to
support nvidia chips.  If the goal is to use the GPU with Xenomai, you'll
have to also make the GPU drivers run in the Xenomai domain which may be a
large task.  Ipipe on Linux 5.4 for ARM64 is almost ready for release, I'm
just working through a couple more issues, which would be a starting point
if you want to port the ipipe.

Out of curiosity, is the GPU something that you'd like to use in the real
time domain?

> Thanks and regards
> Irfan

-Greg