x86 on dovetail: Stress-ng gets my system down

Bezdeka, Florian florian.bezdeka at siemens.com
Mon May 3 12:06:05 CEST 2021

On Mon, 2021-05-03 at 12:01 +0200, Henning Schild wrote:
> > Ideas / feedback / advice welcome. Thanks!
>
> Anything in the kernel log? We have this tsc=reliable thing that causes
> all sorts of funny issues it seems.

No. At least nothing that seems directly related.

I'm actually searching  for the root cause why tsc=reliable is
necessary at all at the moment. As documented in [2] I'm seeing some
rcu stalls which might or might not have the same root cause.

[2] https://gitlab.com/Xenomai/xenomai-hacker-space/-/issues/16