[RFC] status of [meta-]xenomai for Yocto

Henning Schild henning.schild at siemens.com
Mon May 3 19:16:15 CEST 2021

We have xenomai-images kind of maintained under the umbrella of the
project. But that is Isar and Yocto sure has its place as well. I have
also seen buildroot layers which include xenomai.

Such integration systems tend to cause a lot of work. A project like
xenomai probably wants to be "very close" to one of them to allow
continous testing. We have that internally based on Isar and i think
Intel might be going the same way.

Not against the idea, but also not convinced.

regards,
Henning