[RFC] status of [meta-]xenomai for Yocto

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Mon May 3 19:30:38 CEST 2021

On 03.05.21 19:16, Henning Schild via Xenomai wrote:
> We have xenomai-images kind of maintained under the umbrella of the
> project. But that is Isar and Yocto sure has its place as well. I have
> also seen buildroot layers which include xenomai.
>
> Such integration systems tend to cause a lot of work. A project like
> xenomai probably wants to be "very close" to one of them to allow
> continous testing. We have that internally based on Isar and i think
> Intel might be going the same way.
>
> Not against the idea, but also not convinced.

Was about to express the same concern: Who will test that those
preintegrations still work, produce reasonable results? If people stand
up and say, "hey, I'm doing that anyway already, will take care of
this!", then this could work.

And then the next aspect would be how to make generic assets like kernel
configurations and integration reusable for xenomai-images, and vice versa.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT