Timer_Create for periodic tasks

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Sun May 9 10:12:38 CEST 2021

On 08.05.21 17:13, Marco Barletta via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi everyone;
> I'm currently running Xenomai 3.1 and I'm facing with an issue. When I want
> to create a periodic task using timer_create and consequently sigwait or
> sigwaitinfo it works when running in root pid namespace, but when i run the
> task in a child pid namespace the thread doesn't receive the ALRM signal (I
> don't know if it's the timer create the problem or the sigwait). I also
> tried to use a server to translate my pid but the cobalt core rejects the
> call since the pid of the currently running thread is different. Is this a
> problem related to how xenomai manages the xnthread or is an inherent
> problem of posix?
> Thanks for helping, best regards

There is currently no - or at least no consistently tested - namespace
support in Xenomai, and that may cause such troubles when userspace and
Xenomai kernel are talking about differnt PID values. If you could
provide a simple test case or describe how to reproduce the issue with
an existing test from smokey, we could have a look.

Siemens AG, T RDA IOT