latency test crashing

Peter Laurich Peter.Laurich at akamina.com
Wed May 12 00:04:11 CEST 2021

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help me to solve a problem that I am having
with the Xenomai latency test.

Here is my set up:

  * 4.9.146 kernel with ipipe patch (this is the last kernel version
    that supports 32-bit x86 and has a Xenomai patch file)
  * kernel config options set as defined in Xenomai wiki
    Configuring_For_X86_Based_Dual_Kernels
  * kernel configured for NFS mounting the root fs
  * using Buildroot 2021.02 set up for i386 build with GCC 9.3.0 and
    Xenomai 3.1
  * processor set to Atom
  * target processor is D2550 Atom

When I attempting to run the latency program it crashes immediately
after the first few lines of preamble are output. The last few lines of
the call trace include entries such as:

    xnintr_core_clock_handler
    dispatch_irq_head
    __ipipe_dispatch_irq
    __ipipe_handle_irq
    apic_timer_interrupt
    ? gdb_serial_stub
    ? __ipipe_halt_root
    mwait_idle
    arch_cpu_idle
    default_idle_call
    cpu_startup_entry
    rest_init
    start_kernel
    i386_start_kernel

I have tried this on two different Atom targets with the same results -
the latency program crashes immediately after the preamble is printed.

Any suggestions as to what the root cause might be would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter